I’ve had some major events in my life recently that brought me to the point of thinking a lot about what success means to me. Perhaps some of the thing I’ve pondered will guide your journey as well:
1. Work at something you enjoy and that is worthy of your time and talents.
2. Take good care of those you love.
3. Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power, or prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.
4. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
5. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
6. Be forgiving of yourself and others.
7. Be generous and have a grateful heart.
8. Commit yourself to constant improvement and to quality.
9. Be honest and loyal – always!
10. Be a self-starter.
11. Be decisive even if it means you will sometimes be wrong.
12. Take responsibility for every area of your life; stop blaming others.
13. Treat everyone you meet like you would want to be treated.
14. Be persistent.
15. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you will regret the things you didn’t do far more than the ones you did!
To create a clear picture of your personal approach to life, family and business, please make the time to take the opportunity to write a brief sentence or two about how you approach each of these suggestions. Is there an area you can adjust that may create a huge difference in your world? Do you see areas in which you know you excel? How you create and live your life is entirely up to you … does it reflect who you want to be?
The way to use life is to do nothing through acting,
The way to use life is to do everything through being. ~ Lao-Tzu